High Knowes west - NT 9706 1243
A settlement with (originally) a double palisade that probably dates from around the late Bronze Age. The ground between the palisades is still noticeably different from that around it. About 50 yards across, there’s an entrance on the east side and four roundhouses in the interior. Excavation showed the entrance had 8-inch posts on either side.