Alnham Village - NT 9934 1102
Alnham now consists of the church and a few houses and farms. An estate map of 1619, however, shows a more populous settlement. which may well reflect the nature of the medieval village. There were some two dozen houses in the field east of the church, as well as a few to the south of the small stream that runs next to the modern road. This larger village declined over the following centuries, and had almost disappeared by the time enclosure happened around 1775.