Moat Knowe complex - NT 7784 1364
A Dark Age nuclear fort, perhaps used by a local chief. Built along the top of a long ridge, there is a terraced nucleus at the centre and two courtyards on each side at successively lower levels. A pat or street runs along the west side of it, and there are still standing stones separating the southernmost courtyard from it. At the extreme north end, at the end of the ridge, are the remains of a probably medieval settlement.